My Skin Care Routine

28 July 2010
I thought it best to start this beauty blog off with a post about my skin care routine, since a bare face is the blank canvas for creating makeup masterpieces. I'm no Van Gogh, but ia clean, smooth base is just as important to me. I don't have to use high end products to get great results.

My routine varies from day to day, but I have my daily essentials. In the morning, Isplash my face with some cool water, then I use just a tiny pea-sized amount of St. Ives Timeless Microdermabrasion scrub. It gets my skin super smooth and soft without being too harsh. About once a week I may use St. Ives's blackhead apricot scrub instead. I follow either scrub with Mario Badescu's Special Cucumber Cleansing Lotion (toner), and then I moisturize, which I've been rotating because I haven't found the perfect one yet. Then I apply my makeup.

At night, I remove makeup with St. Ives Makeup Remover and Facial Cleansing Lotion. Then I use the Mario Badescu toner, or just a Stridex Alcohol free cleansing pad (I use these alone on days I don't wear any makeup), and I don't usually follow wih moisturizer unless my skin is really dry, because I like for my skin to get a chance to breathe at night.

My skin stays fairly clear with this routine. What's yours?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...