Makeup & The Edge

03 November 2010
Today was a pretty awesome day!! This morning was exciting! We had an educator from TIGI Bedhead cosmetics come in and introduce us to TIGI's line of makeup, which I must say, thoroughly impressed me. Everything was high quality and  highly pigmented. The eyeshadows were sososo prettty, and reminded me of MAC. The line isn't nearly as big as MAC, but he had very nice kit with everything in it, but it still had everything you could possibly need. I think we can get that kit at a student price of about $500, and I plan on getting one in the future... distant future, ha!

He also showed us TIGI's 10 piece makeup brush set, and it was AMAZING~! The brush handles were a gorgeous, bold hot pink, and the bristles were SO soft. All off the brushes were full size and came in a carrying pouch or a neato brush belt (WANT LOL) and they only cost $60, including taxes. That's a great price, especially considering the brushes run around $16 each if you were to buy them individually.

It was a great learning experience as well. He told us how he went through Cosmetology school and in his mind, quit every day because it wasn't as easy as he imagined it would be. He kept at it and graduated,  passed his state board, got a job in a salon and also became an educator for TIGI. His story inspires me because I admit, sometimes I can get really frustrated and stressed out when I don't grasp some concept, or am the slowest one in class.  The thought of quitting is there in the back of my mind... but then I have to remind myself why I'm there, and that quitting will get me no where in life. I know I can make it. I may struggle, but I know I gotta keep going. I deserve to be successful!

After our makeup party was over, we went out on the salon floor and worked on a haircut from the Milady Edge DVD. I missed the first day we were supposed to work on it, so I was really struggling with the parting for it... cause it was funky, and Anime inspired.. which I LOVED. Once I got the parting... I enjoyed doing the cutting. And I love how my cut turned out. This is the first hair cut I've done so far that I actually like!





0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...